Basketball is a great way for kids to get active and have fun. ‘SportyKid’ is a basic introductory basketball program for primary school children. It provides primary school girls and boys, abilities and skill levels, with the opportunity to play basketball and develop sport and social skills in a safe environment.
It is one of our main sports among multi-sport activity program.
It helps kid in the following ways.
Health benefits of basketball
Basketball involves a lot of starting and stopping. While not renowned as an aerobic sport, it is still a great workout that can help you.
It burn calories (an hour of basketball can burn 630–750 calories).
- It helps to build endurance.
- It heps to improve balance and coordination.
- It helps to develop concentration and self-discipline.
- It helps to build up muscle and control obesity.
Other benefits of basketball
As well as being a great way to stay fit, basketball can also:
- help you to make new friends and see them regularly teach you about being a good team player
- be played by people of all ages and all abilities
- be played all year round because it’s usually an indoor sport
- be a fun game that kids of all levels and ages can enjoy
- be practiced alone – all you need is a ball and a hoop (and you can find a hoop in most local parks and school grounds)
- be played and enjoyed with as few as two people (although official games require 10 players).